Monday, September 6, 2010

Water Boy - Sketch Challenge

I'm really getting into doing these challenges on some of my favorite blogs - its really gotten me into scrapping some pics that would otherwise not be scrapped yet!  I am also getting into using sketches, which I normally don't use.  I love them, have a folder with hundreds of ideas, but I usually just start from scratch.  So I'm excited to get into using these sketches, like the one over at Sketches in Thyme this week...

I've had this amazing picture of MJ underwater from last year with intentions to scrap it, but no inspiration until this sketch.  So I got my new Imaginisce papers that I recently bought and came up with this...


I used George to cut out circles from the paper.
I was stuck as to what to do with my title, but I finally decided to use up some of my supplies that I've had forever like my Cloud 9 foil chipboard letters (which I have tons, in practically every color, but haven't really used - more like collected) and American Craft Thickers (which I found at Big Lots for $1 bargain forever ago!).  But to give it a water feel, I added some Diamond Glaze...


I decided to add a little flair by twisting ribbon for the border (you know, think seaweed)...


and of course, stickle and pop...


But after I finished this, I had scraps left over and a bunch of pictures from the swim lessons of him in the water.  So instead of putting them away, I decided to create a companion page, instead.  I wanted to use a lot of photos, but I didn't want to make it look to cluttered.  So I cropped them in circles and the second page turned out like this...


I had bought these clear and blue skittles at Michael's a long time ago for just this kind of idea, to use it as water bubbles, so I added them throughout the layout and even made a border with them on this second page.

There's a lot I want to remember from these swim lessons, but not a lot of room to journal, so I decided to write my journaling around each of the pictures...


And so what started out as a one pager developed into a double page layout...


Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you have a fabulous day!

6 comments:

  1. What great ideas with both of these pages.Love the water idea and such a great picture to have on this layout. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, both pages are fantastic. Thank you for sharing with Sketches In Thyme.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous 2 pager!! Love the underwater photos and papers!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketches In Thyme!! New sketch goes up tomorrow!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful take on the sketch! Love your underwater photo! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I love this water layout! You put so many great details into it! I wish I could scrapbook as well as this! I'm just starting and I'm not too good, but this is great inspiration! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails