Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cheerleaders & Name Plate

I was busy last night creating these to give to my new Captain & Co-Captains of my cheerleading team which I announced today.  I wanted to make something cute that they could wear around school the day after the announcement and that they could later keep and put into their scrapbooks.  They came out so cute, just look...


I used Pooh Font for the title and I added MS glitter to really make them sparkle.
I made the uniforms match their actual ones, including the star and "Wizards" which I hand wrote on each.  I also matched the hair to each of the girls I was giving it to.  Finally, I added an eyelet to the top because I didn't want it to rip throughout the day when they were wearing it.  Here are some close ups...










I also made myself a name plate last night.  I've made quite a few name plates in the past, usually using panoramic frames that I scrap.  However, I can't seem to find these frames anywhere anymore and my name plate on my desk broke :(  So last week I found this piece of wood at Michael's with pinked edges and my lightbulb went off - I can craft this into a name plate.  

So I painted it yellow (actually, my nephew did this for me - Thanks Migue!), added a wooden apple (also from Michael's) and made my title on my Gypsy (used Pooh Font).  I added the stitching to my name to really make it pop and match the apple.  I also added a felt sticker I had to my apple.  


Now my super crafty part is how I made this little piece of wood stand on it's own - I created a stand out of chipboard I had lying around.  I cut it to size, scored it and hot glued the scored part to allow it to stand on it's own...Voila!  Take a look...
  

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Great name plate, I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I still have mine from the day I made 8th grade cheer! It's somewhere... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable projects! Thanks for playing at Fantabulous Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute love those cheerleaders !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great projects! Those cheerleaders are so sweet and I love that touch of glitter. Great name plate too!
    Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute projects! I know they were proud to wear them! Thanks for playing FCCB! Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cheerleaders are adorable! I am a new cricut owner and have tried to make cheerleaders of my own. How do you get the bottom to show through i.e. the mouth, nose and shoes? Any advice would be welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails