Wednesday, October 20, 2010

In Search of Fall

Over at Fantabulous Cricut this week, their challenge is Falling Leaves.  That reminds me of a story from two years ago that I wanted to share and after, the layout I created.  I live in Miami and we don't have fall.  We have really long summers and we have spring.  We might even get a couple days, or weeks, even, of winter (for us that means when it drops to 60 or below, lol!), but no fall.  This is where the story gets interesting, when you know that your hobby has turned into an obsession.  For those of you out there who are addicted to scrapbooking, maybe this story won't be so crazy.  For the rest of you, you've been warned!  Two years ago, I came across this really awesome Fall Stack by DCWV at Joann's that I absolutely loved.  Of course, I bought it, but knowing full well that I really had nothing to use it for. I decided to tell my husband that I wanted to go see fall.  I actually told him about the great paper I had found and I repeated, I want to go see fall.  I want to take a road trip, with no particular destination, but I want to go north, to Georgia or South Carolina and see the changing of the leaves - and he said - ok, we'll go see fall.  I was on maternity leave and soon returning to work, so I had to take advantage at that point that I had the free time.  So in November we took our road trip and I came across this fantastic place called Stone Mountain Park in Georgia where fall was in full effect!  My daughter wasn't even two months at the time so it's funny looking back at pictures and thinking back to this, but it was such a fun trip!  To think that it all started because I found great paper!  LOL!

One of my favorite parts of the trip was playing in the leaves with MJ.  We had so much fun running around, throwing the leaves, he loved jumping around and hearing the sound of crunching leaves.  I had recently bought my digital SLR camera and the pictures came out so beautiful.  I created two collages of all these great pics, but I was a little at a loss as to how I was going to create the layout.  I had this great "fall" patterned paper, so I decided to use one of them as a background and the other I cut into a huge leaf in my cricut to serve as a theme and focal point on the other side of the layout.  I wasn't sure how I was going to embellish and then I remembered my everyday paper dolls cartridge.  Not only did it have great leaves, I also decided to replicate my little boy as a paper doll, matching his clothes and even his hat (I mean, down to the writing!) on the layout.  I really love the way this layout turned out.






My husband's schedule has changed and life has gotten even more complicated for me, so bear with me if I'm not posting as often these days!  I appreciate those of you that stop by my blog and look forward to my new posts...makes me smile!  Be sure to comment and let me know you were here ;)
Thanks for stopping by, once again!  I hope you visit again soon!


9 comments:

  1. I love your layout...it is so cute. Wow you really made me stop and think how blessed I am, because I live in North Georgia and see fall every year, seeing the turning of the leaves is truly God's art. Thanks so much for sharing. Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) you made me smile. Your story sounds like something I would do. I find great paper and then decide we need to go take pictures so I can use that paper. I love your layout. it is so cute and the paper is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layouts and appreciate you sharing your gift with us. I don't comment (this is my fist) but I stop by each and every day. There's so much inspiration here. I too buy paper then plan on what pics I can take. It's an "addict" thing, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout.....so many pictures and a great flow!!

    Thanks for playing at Fantabulous Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, ladies, thanks for these wonderful comments! It really made me smile and remind me that there are some people out there stopping by my blog :) Glad to know I'm not the only with an addiction to paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOu are not as crazy as you think, I travel as well just to get a good pic! I loved your story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is very pretty I like how you did the big leaf in the background!!!
    scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this layout is very pretty I like how you did the big leaf in the background!!! Many lovely pictures and a great flow!!

    Thanks for playing at Fantabulous Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great layout - and a fabulous story! I had to laugh though as Georgia and South Carolina are considered way south for us!! (We are in Canada.) How wonderful that you could experience fall though. Isn't is glorious?
    Thanks for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails