Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sketch Challenge - Birthday 1 Page Layout

Remember I had said I felt inspired....you see here, I'm posting again within 2 hours!
I visited one of my favorite sketch blogs, Sketches in Thyme and they had a great, simple sketch that I was inspired to create in their challenge 17.  Take a look:

 I had been talking about the scraps of that birthday line paper that you've been seeing in my posts all week and I had this one great photo from my friend's birthday.  Pair that with a great sketch and an idea in my head and this is what you get...

I had this idea in my head about using tissue paper to bring some texture into the layout so I found some in my giftwrap box and tore it up and wound it up!  I'm really loving the way the idea in my head came out on the actual layout...


So I think I should go to bed now, it's been a very long, busy day and tomorrow is even more busy, but now I'll go to sleep quite happy.  
I just love to create!

Good night scrappers and friends!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute and I love the yummy paper you used... The flowers and frame are amazing!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketches In Thyme!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love those flowers, and thrilled that your idea worked. Yummy papers and colors. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sketches In Thyme.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails