Monday, October 4, 2010

Birthday Bash - with Faux Stitching

Sorry I've been a little m.i.a. this week, but I'm going through some kind of allergic reaction without any idea as to what is causing it and no doctor seems to be able to help me and it hasn't gone away.  But I actually got a little scrapping done this weekend and wanted to post a layout that I'm in love with for so many reasons.  I love this paper line from imaginisce (actually, they are on my "hot" list right now - all their lines lately are fabulous!) and it had some great patterns and an awesome "spring" die cut that I absolutely love.  When I saw this paper line, I knew that I wanted to use it for my husband's birthday bash this summer.  We had such a blast at the party and I really wanted to capture the fun.  My other favorite part is that I was able to add in A TON OF PHOTOS!!  I'm known for that, I love making collages in Picasa!  But the fact that I can add over 10 photos to this layout just takes the cake (no pun intended, lol).  

Fantabulous Cricut was having a stitching challenge this week in celebration of National Sewing Month so I'm entering this layout in that challenge, too.  Now I don't sew, but I love to use faux stitching.  The paper line has a lot of stitching, so I decided to add in a lot of faux stitching of my own to all my circles (gotta love that george cartridge and double sided paper - I cut up a bunch of different size circles from the paper and used both sides throughout the layout).  You'll see it in more detail in the pictures below. So here it is, hope you like it...


The left page...

A close up of the faux stitching and the cute popped banner...

I'm all about the details and I love this part and you might not realize otherwise, but after I had put a strip of candles, I decided to pop 34 candles on top of the strip to highlight that it is my husband's 34th birthday (although he still says he's 30) and I also added the balloons with that amount, popped on the side, too!

The right side close up...
 You can see the "springy" die cut for "make a wish" on the bottom right.

To make up for last week, I'm going to really try to post all throughout the week, this week, let's see how it goes!  Tomorrow I'll share another birthday layout (this birthday bash was worth a couple layouts, lol!)...
See you then!

3 comments:

  1. very cute layout! love that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! I love all the candles on the paper and those banners are FANTASTIC!! Great job!
    Thanks for playing along at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails