Saturday, September 4, 2010

Forever Young - Birthday Card & Layout

I've had a great week full of nice surprises.  First I once again got picked at the Fantabulous Cricut Blog, this time in their "Top 5" for my Seashore layout (you can see my new blinky on the the right!).  I also entered my baby frame project at another challenge at a new blog I found, My Sheri Crafts, and I was chosen as a runner-up/honorable mention.  Wow!  I'm so honored and excited!  And this week, I've surpassed 50 followers - woohoo!  I've only been blogging since July so I'm blown away by all this :)

So since I'm on a roll, I'll probably post twice this weekend.  I'm finishing up a layout now (finally got around to sitting in my scrapbooking room after a very busy day) but I made a card last night for a very dear friend of mine's birthday and wanted to share.  I'm also going to enter this in another new blog I found, the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog, whose challenge this week is to use primarily pink and have a stamped sentiment in front and of course, to use your cuttlebug.  Now, I'm not a card maker, I'm a scrapbooker, and I get stuck getting ideas for cards, so this is really not my forte, but I am happy with the way it turned out...

I was going for a stylish girl and I love the Forever Young cartridge, which she's from.

Since I'm talking about Forever Young, let me also share this layout that I made for a class a couple months back but I never posted it anywhere, so what better place than here on my blog.  The cuts on this cartridge are just great and the girls and their outfits remind me of me (and my sisters)!

Here's the left page close-up...


and the right page...


Thanks for stopping by and be on the lookout for another post soon!

3 comments:

  1. Both your card and layout are beautiful! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVIN' that Forever Young cart! It's on my wish list! :) Thanks so much for playing in the Cuttlebug Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and layout!!! Thanks for playing in our Cuttlebug challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails