Monday, January 10, 2011

Winter Fun - FCCB DT Project Challenge "Winter Warmies"

This week over at Fantabulous Cricut there is a "Winter Warmies" challenge.  Now, since I live in Miami, that is a challenge in of itself since we don't really have winter, but luckily, I just got back from a great family vacation staying at a cabin in North Carolina and I have some awesome winter photos with snow!!! Since we were completely bundled up in all the pictures, all of them worked for this challenge, I just needed to pick a theme for my layout.  I decided to focus on one of the most fun parts of our trip - sledding!  Throughout our trip I was just thinking about all the cute layouts I could make with the super adorable "Winter Frolic" cartridge and it helped me create the layout below.  Oh, I cannot wait to make more layouts using this cartridge! There is A LOT of dimension on this layout!  Just look for yourself...


The whole bottom part of the layout is recreated "snow" using cotton, which I added some glitter to make it sparkle.  The title and super cute boy embellishment (which I made to match my son!) are popped, of course!!  I arranged the pictures slanted to recreate the "downhill" feel of the sledding.

This title has a lot of dimension and sparkle to it, but this picture still doesn't do it justice.  First I flocked the "Winter" part and then I used some doodlebug glitter for the "fun".  I didn't feel the "winter" word was sparkly enough, so I added another layer using MS fine glitter and another brand fine glitter that I sprinkled on the rest.  

Other adorable embellishments with a journaling tag...

The cuffs are flocked and I used MS drippy goo punch as a border on the right page.

Another close up of my boy on the sled...

I hope you join us this week at Fantabulous Cricut for our "Winter Warmies" challenge, too!

I will also be adding this layout into the Frosted Design challenge this week of using 3 or more photos on a layout.  

As always, thanks for stopping by!  
Be back soon because I have a couple more layouts to share this week!
Have a great week, everybody!

16 comments:

  1. Love all the extra details, Leinad!

    Happy Crafting!
    ~Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic layout! How clever to arrange the photos on a slope. The title looks super too!! Your details are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with the Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great L.O. Love the title and very fun pics. Looks like tons of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of the special touches you gave your layout, Leinad! It looks like you all had so much fun playing in the snow. Thanks for sharing it with us at Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cool layout! I love how everything has the feel of sledding down a hill! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Cooking with Cricut!

    Stacey
    staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This layout is so terrific!!! I LOVE THE GLITTER!!!
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute and creative - I love it!! Thanks for playing along at cooking with cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE IT!!! LEINAD! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE A BLOG! I dont know if you remember me. My Name is Paula and I am friend with Eni. I took your Gypsy CLass! Stop by my blog too! I have a Weekly Challenge and I work with Momo :) I am follower!

    Happy Crafting,
    Paula
    morethanfavors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. your layout is so real like it makes me cold. ha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous layout. Love the snow! Thanks for coming over and joining us at Cooking with Cricut. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun layout! Thanks for playing with us at Cooking with Cricut :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now this is one fun snow LO!! I love all the dimension and glitter/bling on this one! Thanks for taking on our 3+ photo challenge at Frosted Designs this week!
    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl, this is a great layout! I love all the added touches, it is awesome. Thanks for playing with us this week at Cooking with Cricut :)

    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful. Good Luck with the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome layout, I do love all the dimension!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails