Monday, January 17, 2011

Sweet Shop Challenge - FCCB DT Layout

Hello everyone!  This week at Fantabulous Cricut we are having a Sweet Shop challenge.  I knew exactly the pictures I wanted to scrap for this challenge, my daughter enjoying her first popsicle by herself.  It was also a great time to explore one of my new cartridges, Simply Charmed, which is simply adorable!! Its a more whimsical version of Doodlecharms, in my opinion.  I'm thinking I might need to get me some more Peachy Keen stamps to go along with this cartridge, but we'll see.

So since my daughter was eating a popsicle and had popsicles on her shirt (I swear I didn't plan this, even though my friends are probably laughing right now, saying "yeah, right!" lol!) I had to make that my large embellishment.  Finding the paper, was really the most time consuming part (isn't it always, though).  But when I found a great coordinated set from K&Company "Berry Sweet" line from a while back that I had in my stash, it just worked with the pictures!  I also had a leftover embellishment from that line that said "sugar" (how appropriate!) and really that's when it all came together.  So now take a look at the finished layout...


I used really glittery doodlebug paper that I've had stashed and saved for a while for the popsicle and an actual popsicle stick. 


I hope you've enjoyed this "sweet, yummy" layout.  Come back again tomorrow for another "sweet" layout that I have to share with you all featuring my adorable cupcake cutie.  
Have a great start to your week (I know I will, a holiday and day off, woohoo!)...
Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous layout, Leinad! I love all the detail. Great job!

    Hugs,
    Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leinad, This is a great layout! I think I may need to get this cart too because doodlecharms is one of my favs. Thanks for sharing. Super job!
    ~michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layout!! Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with the Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just adorable! The bright colours are just super and match the pictures so perfectly! That little popsicle is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super cute layout! I love how sparkly and colorful it is! I thought I was already following you, but didn't see my "mug shot" so I am now following you! Thank you for sharing with us at CookingWithCricut.com. I love see your work on FCCB too! Thank you again! Melin...CookingWithCricut.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling layout!! Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with cricut this week! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout! Love all the details! Thanks for playing with us at Cooking with Cricut :)

    www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great layout, Leinad! I love your little glittery popsicle and all of the other wonderful details. Your little one is adorable, too! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this it's so cute. I have this cart, so I am going to have to find a way to use that Popsicle, so cute! Thanks for playing along this week with Cooking with Cricut!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails