Monday, January 31, 2011

Layouts for a Cause - FCCB DT Project

This week at Fantabulous Cricut we are creating projects for a cause.  So today I have my DT project to share as well as two other layouts based on this.  This was a great challenge for me because it forced me to really have to think of how I was going to use my cricut on this.  The other two layouts that I will show you after do not use the Cricut at all (I know, big shocker, coming from me, lol!).  So I decided to scrapbook the pictures from an event my nephew helped coordinate that I got involved with and involved my students in called "Run for Respect" which was aimed to raise money and awareness for fighting domestic violence/abuse.  I knew I wanted to use Don Juan for the title, it just fit.  Now for the embellishment, I wanted to use sneakers, but I wasn't sure where to find the ones that would work with this page in my wide variety of cartridges.  This is when I went to the trusty cricutsearch.com and it showed me the perfect ones on a cartridge that I of course own but haven't really used much, Paisley.  So the layout came together very quickly after that and I really love the results.  Now take a look...




Since this week we are creating for a cause, I also wanted to share two other layouts of mine with the same theme.  The first is one for breast cancer in honor of my cousin...


The other is another cause that is dear to me, finding a cure for autism.  Two years ago my students raised over $1000 and we all took part in this event together...




So I hope you're inspired to create for a cause this week.  Each of us has something that is dear to us, so create a project and be sure to link up to Fantabulous Cricut this week!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great week everybody!

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails