Tuesday, August 17, 2010

More School Theme - Pencils & Mickey Wreath

I'm excited that I made TOP 3 at Sketches in Thyme for my Love Birds layout that I made last week!  They have another great sketch this week, just not sure if I'll have enough time to make one with going back to work, but we'll see.  

In continuing with my "Back to School" theme, I have to share two super cute projects I've been working on.  The first is a total scraplift from CK magazine (Sept - pg. 68) to create pencil made from candy and cardstock, basically.  I made one for my son to give his teacher the first day of school and another to give as a sweet gift.  It is a roll of "Rolos" candies and a hershey's kiss.  The "Rolos" are covered with a piece of yellow cardstock (scored every 1/4 inch) and one end is cut with a pinking edge scissor.  The eraser is created using pink cardstock (I created a circle on my gypsy to fit the size) and  a small piece of aluminum foil.  I then made a star and personalized them myself.  I think they are the cutest thing!  


The next project I'm most excited about because I had envisioned this in my head, but when I started making it, I ran into a couple glitches, but I finally made it work and I love the way it came out.  As my last post showed, I love making teacher wreaths, I've even taught a class on them.  Well, I wanted to make one for my principal, who happens to love Mickey (her entire office is full of them!).  So I got this great idea combine both ideas AND to take it a step further, since we are the Wizards, I decided to also add a hat (think sorcerer Mickey).  Now, my wreath is up on my door all year long because I put magnets on the back.  I wanted to do the same for hers, but with the extra weight, it was extra hard, but I finally made it work with a combination of magnet strips and a magnet sheet.  Here is the final product...


A couple close ups...

I used a bunch of different cartridges including Locker Talk, Sesame Street Font, Makin the Grade, Mickey Font & George

I freehanded the wizard hat

Here is a photo of it on my fridge (testing out to see if it holds and it does, hooray!)


I'm so excited to give this to her because I know she's going to love it and it will also match her office.
Let me know what you think - I love reading comments!  Have a great day everybody!

4 comments:

  1. Excellent job!!! This looks great, I'm sure she will love it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you make awesome projects and layouts. I love them all :)).

    Greetings from the Netherlands
    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable!!!! Unfortunately, our elementary school mascot is the Eagle. Not thinking that would make a cute wreath!! LOL But let me know if you have any ideas!

    annscotth@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pencil treats! This would be great for teacher appreciation week-gifts! Love the blog! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails