Monday, August 9, 2010

Love Birds

I found this new blog called Sketches in Thyme that had a really great sketch and I got a great idea for what to use it for - the pictures my hubby and I took during our anniversary a couple weeks ago.  Now I don't usually use sketches.  I have tons of them saved on my computer, but for some reason, everytime I start a new layout, I create one from scratch.



So here is the sketch for their Challenge #9.
I was super excited to actually find a use for a sketch so quickly!  I also remembered a ton of paper I had bought back during Valentines from BoBunny which I never really used from there Love Bandit line, so it worked perfectly for the theme and coloring of these pictures.



For my layout, I changed it up a bit, instead of a circle, I used a heart on its side (from create a critter), because it worked much better with the topic of my page.

The title is from Cherry Limeade (which I've had for a couple weeks, but wasn't sure if I was going to keep it.  Today it made its debut out of the box, LOL!).  The other embellishments are cut out from the  same paper line.
I wanted to put the occassion somewhere so I created a little heart embellishment to show its our 7th wedding anniversary.

I'm going to journal a lot for this, so I haven't decided if I'm going to tuck it behind the page (I left a space at the top between the red and scalloped papers in case I decide to do this) or create a double page layout and use the other side just for journaling.  But I can do that later - right now, the memories and pictures are preserved and I love the way it all turned out...thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to leave a comment, I love reading them!

5 comments:

  1. I love this!!! You are becoming a real pro at this blogging business missy... What cannot go without mention is your hubby's willingness to comply with the photos you know will make a great scrapbook page... GO MIKEY! HI-FI...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just really love it! It's such a pretty layout and a great way to remember your anniversary! Thanks for playing at Sketches in Thyme - I hope we see you next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun layout!!! Love the photos and the embellies are perfect!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketches In Thyme!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable layout! How clever to turn the heart on it's side. Love the papers and great pictures! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, how sweet! I love your heart in place of the ciecle elements! So unique and such beautiful papers!!! Way to celebrate a sketch!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails