Monday, July 19, 2010

Mom Layout and Top 3!!!

I've been away for the week on vacation so there's been a big hiatus to my posting, but I wanted to share just a little tonight because I got some great news and I was very busy scrapping last weekend so I have some new stuff to share. First, I'm super excited because I made the Top 3 at Fantabulous Cricut last week on my first challenge entry...woo-hoo! Couldn't enter this week because I was out of town, but looking forward to what they have in store for next week.

Last weekend I had the best time cropping with my friends at My Paper Treehouse in the All Day Crop, especially because my best scrapping buddy, Marylin, returned from a very long hiatus and it was just awesome having her back!!! I finished a really important layout last week of my mother in the 50's. I have these beautiful pictures of her that I really wanted to scrap and I had started a page a while back, but it needed the right side page and I love the way it finally came together. This is different than my usual style, especially since I never scrap these kinds of pictures, so I really had to go outside my comfort zone to do the pictures justice. I was really excited to show them to her and she loved it! I want to frame them and put them up in my house, but I need to find a double layout type frame. For now, they are up on my scrapbook room wall.



I have lots more pages to share that I finished this past week, but that will be another post tomorrow - it's late (I know, what a surprise, LOL!). So be on the lookout for more coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm Sure your mom was thrilled to see she became your inspiration for these! Congrats on being on the top 3 at FCCB, but us girls that know you personally are not surprised!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails