Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Christmas in July



Fantabulous Cricut has a Christmas in July challenge this week and ironically, those are the layouts I've been finishing up! A couple are from long ago, classes that I taught, but I just got around to adding the pictures. I guess it's only fitting that after all the the Thanksgiving layouts I finished, to move on to the next holiday. So here are a bunch of my Christmas '09 layouts (LOTS of pictures to follow!)...Enjoy!


My ultimate favorite Christmas Layout is this one:
It is all done using the Christmas Cheer Cartridge, which is now retiring, I think. What a shame if you don't have it, because it is my favorite for Christmas images! Here are close ups of the details of this layout...

Love, love, love the reindeer on this cartridge!



I love my gypsy, just LOVE IT, and layouts like this one are one of the reason why. I was able to combine 5 different fonts to create the title, but the most beautiful part, was that the words are each welded!

Fonts used here include Lyrical Letters, Sesame Street Font, Gypsy Font, Christmas Cheer.



My gypsy at work here again. I wanted a tall Christmas tree to fill the space on the right so I could put "faux" ornaments (brads) on the tree.
I found a tree I liked and stretched it using my Gypsy and voila


This layout is all done with the George Cartridge!! I use it all the time, especially to teach beginner's cricut classes, so I push myself to think outside the box time and time again, everytime I teach the class, to change it up. This one is fun because it takes basic shapes to a whole different level!


This layout was about my grandma, 100 then, now 101. I loved the pink and green combo of colors - Christmas doesn't always have to be red!
Another mixed font title (I love this look, can't you tell!). The snowflake and "Bisa" are sprinkled with Martha Stewart Tinsel glitter. I also used a combo of pearls on select letters, and bling on the snowflakes.
This one I added a fabric brad to the center.

This last one is from our trip to Stone Mountain where we went tubing and the kids played in the snow for the first time.








8 comments:

  1. Wow! You do BEAUTIFUL scrap pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome pages! I really enjoyed seeing all the details of the layouts. Thanks for joining us at FCCB:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What eye candy! Very pretty layouts! So much detail and love in each one! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What lovely pages. You obviously put a lot of thought, effort, and love into your work - and it shows!!
    Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great pages! I love all of your details and care you put into your projects! Thanks for playing along at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pages! You paid lots of attention to detail!

    Thanks for playing at the Fantabulous Cricut this week!
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!! What fantastic layouts!!!
    I love all the different elements that you include!
    Thank you so much for sharing with Paper Issues!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails