Saturday, July 23, 2011

Family Layouts for Sketch Challenge

Sometimes sketches are the way to go when you want to get started on a scrapbook page.  I have a couple blogs that I use for inspiration as well as a large folder on my desktop where I've put lots of great sketches I've found that I like.  Recently, I came across another new blog called Sassy Lil' Sketches that had some very inspiring sketches and this particular one caught my attention.  I love that you have the whole month to submit them and they give a new sketch every 7th, 14th and 21st of the month.  I found this paper at JoAnns this week that I've seen in a kit before and it always caught my eye, but this was the first time I saw the paper by itself so I bought it and thought it worked great with this sketch.  I had two great pics from my mom's birthday this year and it came together nicely, take a look...



This is the sketch:

Also this week at Sketches in Thyme, they have an open sketch challenge that I'm also linking this up to.

Since I had left over paper, I decided to make another page rather than store it away (and who knows when I'd come across it again).  I added pics from this past Thanksgiving that I hadn't scrapped yet of our traditional family pictures.  Here is the final product...


I've been working on another layout from more sketches at Sassy Lil' Sketches, but you'll have to check back tomorrow to see it!
Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

  1. I love both your scrapbook pages. I love the way you put family and all the little hearts around the the first one. Great job making the letters so shiny on the second one. Really makes it pop. Can you tell me what the paper line is...love it!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages. The colors and papers are lovely.
    Thanks for playing with us on Sketches in Thyme. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh you ROCKED this!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you did the title work in the top left corner on that 1st layout! Nice work!! Thanks for playing along at Sassy Lil Sketches!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and pretty !
    I love your photos and all the hearts ! :o)
    Thanks for playing with us at Sassy Lil Sketches!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful LOs! Thanks for joining with us at Sketches in Thyme!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful take on the sketch!! I love what you did!!

    Thanks for playing at Sketches in Thyme and I hope you come play again!!

    Erin R.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails