Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Buzz Lightyear Party - Part 1

Hello everyone!  Not a lot of time today to post, but wanted to share a couple of the things I made for my son's birthday party this weekend.  I haven't even had a moment to upload all the pics, but hope to this week so I can share some other things, especially the AMAZING cake that my friend Marylin brought to the party.  I kept it simple for this party, it was at a park and I wanted a sign for the entrance.  So my husband brought me an outdoor sign which I covered with blue poster board and then I created the "Welcome Space Rangers..." sign for the entrance to our pavilion.  To make the green letters pop, I stitched them with my white pen.  I used Mickey Font (a definite fave!) and Accent Essentials for the starburst under the 5th.  Here it is...


So excited to share this, my very talented nephew drew this from scratch!  I wanted to create a game for the party and my nephew came up with this idea to draw Zerg (the nemesis of Buzz Lightyear) and then have the kids shoot at him (like the Buzz Lightyear ride at Disney).  He did such an impressive job on this!  We then found a target clip art that worked perfectly, which we popped onto Zerg.  Isn't this great?!


I realized after I sent the invitations that I hadn't indicated which pavilion we were in, so I made another sign, although not as cute as the welcome sign, to place in front of the park for people to see when they got to the park to know where to go...


If you didn't get a chance to see the invites I made for the party, you can check them out (as well as a little gypsy tutorial on how I made them) HERE.

Oh, I almost forgot, I made the Chirp again, with my Tiny Dancer layout - it's the featured picture!  Woohoo!  You can check the newsletter HERE and you can check out my blog post with closeups of my Tiny Dancer HERE.

I hope to be able to upload more pictures tomorrow so I can share more pics of the party.  I hope you come back by to check them out.  
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails