Sunday, December 5, 2010

Personalized Holiday Ornaments

Hello everyone!  Last year I learned how to create these beautiful glitter ornaments in just a few steps.  There are tons of tutorials online and I see this year quite a few people have made some similar.  I had made them the night before Christmas last year in hopes to maybe put outside some special christmas presents but it got late and I didn't get a chance.  When I opened up my box of ornaments this year, there they were, but this time I decided to personalize them and use them on my tree.  I let my kiddos pick their favorite color and then on my gypsy I welded their names in different fonts.  I used Don Juan for MJ, for Sofia I used Sesame Street Font and for the others I used Gypsy Font.  I then took out my vinyl to cut them out and add to each ornament.  So here are my ornaments and their cute recipients...






We finished trimming our tree tonight and it was so fun watching the kids get involved in this for the first time this year.  The holiday spirit is all around us and I absolutely love it!

One more quick project I wanted to share.  Last night was my sister and brother-in-law's 27th year anniversary and I made them a special card.  It is very simple and doesn't use the cricut, but I like the way it turned out and wanted to share...

Thanks for stopping by!  
Be sure to let me know you were here...leave a comment! :)

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the glitter!
    Love your blog and your craftiness! I've left a blog award for you on my blog! Thanks for sharing your creativity!
    Kristy @ craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really cute idea. I am going to have to lift it from you for next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend, I am loving it and what an awesome idea. Only you.....xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails