Thursday, February 23, 2012

Silhouette Cameo Projects - I love you frame & Pregnancy Card

Hello everyone!  I did a little crafting tonight (yay!!) and I wanted to share my two little projects.  I'm really getting the hang of my Silhouette Cameo and (trying not to jinx it) really liking it!  It's particular convenient  because I have it set up on my scrap table (doesn't take up much room) next to my laptop and when I get an idea, like I did tonight, I just open up the Silhouette Design window and start playing.

My first project was from an idea I saw on Pinterest last week.  Someone had created an "I love you because..." frame that can be used to leave notes with a dry erase marker.  So I found a frame, customized the inside and made one for myself!  One of my favorite features of the Cameo is that welding is easy - you simply type your words, adjust "character spacing" using the toggle button, which brings the letters together and then click weld and its done.  But even better than that is that you can then SHADOW ANY WORD by clicking ONE button and then using the toggle switch to make it a thinner or thicker shadow.  I really was able to make this frame in about 10 minutes.  I'm also able to cut very skinny fonts without the paper tearing, another huge plus.  Here is the frame...


Here it is with the message I left for my hubby to find when he gets home from work tonight...


My next project was a card for a friend who just told me today she's pregnant.  I wanted to make her something special and I had this idea in my head, so I went to the Sihouette online store and looked for some images I could possibly use.  When I saw this pregnant girl, I knew that was it.  So I picked the image and clicked shadow.  With my shadow active, I then clicked on the "mirror left" button, since I wanted to make a shaped card.  I moved them a bit closer together and welded them.  I also wanted a heart in the space on the belly to write a little sentiment, so I added that as well.  I moved the girl to one side and the card base on the other because I cut them out together (I put the pink paper on the left and the brown paper on the right).  Below is a screenshot of it...


Here is the final product...


I'm all about making use of scraps, so I created another card using the negative space leftover from my card to make this one...

Would love to hear from you, so be sure to leave a comment below!
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Both great ideas!!!! One of the mom's from my daycare kids just told me she's expecting...gonna make a card now. And the frame is so cute. My hubby works shift work, and sometimes works the 7pm to 7am, so a little pick me up when he gets home is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails