Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ice Skating Layouts

Hello everyone!  I was able to work on some layouts this past weekend with some good friends.  The first one I had sketched out on my gypsy a while ago and I had forgotten about it.   I remembered about it and decided to actually create the layout.  I like the way it turned out.  I used a bunch of different cartridges - A Child's Year for the mom and boy, Winter Woodland for the title, Winter Frolic for the Brrrr, Home Decor for the swirl, and Accent Essentials for the snowflakes.  All the white cuts are from glitter paper to give it that snow sparkle.  I had a lot of photos so I made a collage for the left page.  




Here is the original sketch (which I modified some)
All my white cuts...


In using this DCWV winter stack that I love, I came across this great paper with the adorable penguin skating.  I decided to do another ice skating layout with some pictures from last year of my son ice skating for the first time...






And finally, I made a sign to take to the Walk for Autism which my family and some students participated this weekend.  The puzzle piece with the heart is from the Don Juan cartridge.  The rest is just my handwriting.  Still, i wanted to share. 


I'm going to enter the first layout in the Cooking With Cricut swirl/twirl challenge this week.
I'm glad you stopped by and hope you return soon :)
Have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. Great layout. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun LO. I want to go ice skating!! Great job. TFS and thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut:)
    ~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO... Love those colors.
    Thanks for playing this week with Cooking With Cricut.
    Have a great Tuesday ;-)
    Maria Elena CWC DT
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful LOs, Leinad! Looks like so much fun! Thanks for swirling & twirling with us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful LO!!! I am always amazed by the work that you do and just where do you find the time! I am a new user of the Gypsy - I have had it for over a year but was a new mom of twins when I got it - so I was wondering how you go about designing your LO and then cutting it on the cricut!! I would love to do as it would save me tons of time :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails