Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Layout, Centerpieces and Valentine's Box, oh my!

Hello everyone!  Wanted to kick off the Valentine's holiday by sharing a bunch of projects I've been working on - some on my own, others with students or with my own kids.  Warning:  this is a pic heavy post!!

First, I wanted to share a Valentine's layout that I scrap lifted.  I saw it at a local scrapbook store, the Paper Niche, and I loved it!  So I bought the fun Bo Bunny papers and recreated it, modifying it a bit.  I love the bright colors, polka dots and flowers.  Here it is...




Here is a close up of the ribbon strip...


Can't wait to add the pictures!  

Now, with one of the clubs I sponsor at school, we are putting together a teacher breakfast tomorrow.  For centerpieces, I decided to create paper owls with the kids.  We made them on both sides.  Look how cute they came out!


The students wrote sayings about teachers and we added them on popsicle sticks behind the wings as if the owls were holding them up.  Here is what the set up looks like for the breakfast...


Finally, tonight my son and I worked on his Valentine's project which was making a valentine's box along with cards for all of his classmates.  I wrapped a shoebox and he used my gypsy to cut out different words and images he liked.  I love that he picked them, spelled Valentine's and cut it out by himself.  To make it a bit more personal, we put his handprint on his box.  We also decided to make a ribbon handle for him to carry it to school.  Here are some pictures of the process...






 I'd love to hear your comments, so be sure to leave one and let me know you stopped by my blog!
Thank you for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails